Monday, August 3, 2009

Bring Christ your broken life

Sunday August 2nd

The ladies of the Kerrville Church of Christ made this cross out of broken things.
It represents how God takes the broken and makes them something beautiful.


One of the things Aunt Marilyn included was this shoe.
She found it out at our ranch in New Mexico.
It was probably worn by my dad and other siblings.

I spent a lot of time this weekend thinking about my family history;
Thinking about my Grandma.
That God is at work in all the threads of our story is baffling and encouraging at the same time.

May I continue to yield to his breaking and making.

2 comments:

SuAnne said...

I know your Grandma is so proud of you and your brothers, and if she were still here she would tell you herself. For me it is a sad/glad feeling when I see characteristics of our parents in our children. Love you so much, I've enjoyed your blog.
MOM

Amanda said...

I had a hard time figuring out how to express what I was thinking here. I told Jeremy that there are so many things I wish I could ask Grandma, that I didn't think to because she was so young. I admire her in a lot of ways, though I know she had her flaws. I miss her.