Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 19: My Nicknames

  • In elementary school: Freckle face - didn't bother me like people thought it would, especially since my mom told me they were angel kisses.
  • Amanda Panda - I've had this one on and off throughout my life and I've always liked it, since, as you know, the panda is my favorite animal. :)
  • In 6th grade: Mandie - there were a million other Amandas in my sixth grade classes. I used to read books with the heroine Mandie so I decided to go by it. My mom didn't like it though and it only lasted that year.
  • DinkyManda - this was the first nickname Bella, our niece, gave us. The boys always just called us Jeremy and Amanda. Bella couldn't quite say it, thus we were dubbed DinkyManda!
  • Jeremymanda - for Dahlia, we are still just Jeremymanda. Whether she is talking to me or to Jeremy it's Jeremymanda. :D

1 comment:

SuAnne said...

I had lots of practice thinking of freckles as good things since I had them when I was young, too. I just didn't like Mandie because your grandmother, who you are named for, didn't like it. I love those names the girls have given you!