Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My most treasured possession

Today I am supposed to post a picture of my most treasured possession. This should be easy, right? Wrong! The thing that breaks my heart is that I know exactly what it would be. I should be showing off pictures of my beautiful scrapbooks. That and the hard drive with all my digitals on it. I have always said those were the things I would grab in a fire.

So why can't I post them? Well, because of an idiotic moment that ruined a lot of hard work and great memories. It is my own fault and terribly embarrassing so I won't even tell you what happened, but a little over a year ago my scrapbooks got wet. Almost all the pages were ruined. The beautiful book chronicling my courtship with Jeremy, my first year of college and our wedding album. It makes me sick thinking about it all over again. After it happened, it hurt so bad I couldn't even look at them.

My wonderful, beautiful, selfless mother took on the rescue and recovery mission. She took pictures of the pages, salvaged what she could and threw away the rest (something I could not have done). Then, unbeknownst to me, she had Jeremy mail her the negatives and had all the pictures reprinted. In addition, she purchased all the supplies for me to remake the books - pages, paper, stickers etc!! She is one of the most amazing people I know!!!!!

That was Christmas 2009. Partly from the heartbreak, partly out of laziness, and mostly because scrap booking isn't nearly as much fun by yourself, I have not even begun to work on the new books. One of my goals for this summer (one of MANY) is to make major headway on that.

So, all that to say, no picture today. Just think about all the millions of pictures I post on my blogs and facebook and you will know what I treasure the most, memories with the friends and family that I love.

No comments: